Wednesday, December 30, 2009

I'm Dreaming Of A White Christmas...


Just like the ones I've known back home. My husband and I made the decision to pinch pennies this year and stay home for the holidays. For me, it meant the first time in many years without a white Christmas. Luckily, my prayers were answered when 10 inches of fluffy white bliss fluttered to the ground Christmas eve and lingered around a couple of weeks. And since we had no place to go... Let it Snow! Kids around town took full advantage of the hill at the amphitheatre for sledding, using anything that would move... inflatable pool toys, cardboard boxes and even a waxed Corvette hood! With the quilt shop closed for 2 weeks I had lots of time to finish projects around the house and even start and finish a quick throw quilt to keep me warm in my downtime. I even cleaned and organized 3 closets, 4 kitchen cabinets and the entire garage! Quite an accomplishment. Our stay-cation turned out to be a wonderful holiday vacation and we didn't even need to travel half-way across the country to find a winter wonderland. From my family to yours, Merry Christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment